Originally posted on the official forums)
Yes, even outside of the DZ.
MASSIVE, THIS IS A FRIENDLY BUG THAT HURTS NO ONE. It is a bug version of a somehwhat requested feature, so please, as ironic as this is about to sound, please do not fix it until you guys decide to properly support it. I am simply sharing this method because it's been something that players have been wanting.
This has been tested on PC.
- Press I (Inventory), go to apparel and then go to your dye / skin section in the bottom right.
- Scroll all the way down to the gear dye section
- Select any gear dye you'd like to apply to your entire loadout
- press B or double tap ESC lightning quick
You will then be wearing your gear mask.
- If you inspect ANY gear piece, then the bug will fix itself and remove the mask. So, make sure you transmog it before hand.
- It works with exotics, too. But, for obvious reasons, you can't transmog an exotic mask
- @ Step 1 – it works with pressing ESC and then going into apparel, but pressing B doesn't work doing it this way. You'd have to do it by double tapping ESC pretty fast.
- Walking in the DZ and then walking out will remove the mask
- Dying does not remove the mask
- This bug is pretty old. I had stumbled upon it months back, I just never kept track of how I had made it happen, and thus, never had a reason to share
- Again, it's a bug, so there may be some gameplay moments I haven't tested that could suddenly remove the mask
The funny part is that if it's achievable through a bug, then it can be properly supported. Hopefully Massive comes around to make it official. If it gets fixed before official support, I take no responsibility lmao.